Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week of April 7 2013: Visiting Members



Editor's Note:  Thomas also sent this picture last week.  He has clearly inherited the Campbell love for train yard photographs!

Dear Everyone,
 
I hope you're all happy and safe. It sounds like it, so I'm glad. I'm still not totally sure what to write about this week, but I hope it works out okay. My companion Elder Moon is pretty amazing. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but he already did his military service. He's the oldest in his family, and he's also the oldest of the missionaries living in our house, and he's a really caring, cool person. So far we still don't really have any investigators---recently we mostly visited members a lot. The members here are really great. The weather here is actually pretty similar to Seattle. Other places we've gone for district meetings and stuff are pretty sunny now, but recently here it's just cloudy all the time. It also rained a lot all of a sudden this week, which I wasn't expecting, but was kind of fun. That day we went to visit the oldest member in our ward---she has a few of her children in the same branch, and they all live pretty close to each other, kind of like student housing. It was raining really hard, but she let us into her house and we talked and ate fruit for a while. Elder Moon is really friendly, and gets along with members and other people really well. Yesterday, we had a meal together with the branch. It was fast sunday, and everyone was pretty ready to eat. We had so-up with vegetables and other really good stuff, and lots of rice, kimchi, and jap-che (noodles, vegetables, etc.). It was really good to see and talk with everyone together like that, and was really fun.
 
I still feel like I have a lot to improve on and need to do, but I know that it won't come all at once. I just hope I can help people here to be happy like all of you have helped me. I'm so grateful to be here, and for the gospel. I love and miss all of you. Keep it up.
 
-Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment