Monday, January 14, 2013

Week of January 14, 2013: With Haste

Hey everyone,

We're at a big department store right now, doing e-mail standing up.
It's a huge store---like a mall, basically, but like 12 stories tall.
We came to Busan today since it's a new transfer---mom was wondering
about that, and it just means a 6-week period. This transfer my first
companion and I are staying in the same area, so not too much
difference. It's still weird to think about how much time has gone by.

It was pretty cold for the past few weeks---it only snowed once or
twice but it's been so cold that the ice still stuck around. It just
started getting warmer this week, but I don't really know the weather
yet. Things are good, though---I got a scarf each from Papa and G.G.
and Bam, which have really been helpful. I don't think I've really
ever used a scarf before now. Right now we don't have too many people
we're teaching---we have one investigator named 김현주 (Kim Hyon-ju), and
she's a student at the university in Jinju. She's really nice---we're
also teaching an English class every week, which is interesting.

Sorry, we don't have too much time to write. I just hope you all know
how much I love and miss you. Things are a little different, and like
Eliza's e-mail I just read, time does seem to go pretty quickly. I
read section 60 of the D&C this week about missionary work.
The Lord says not to do it "with haste," but also not to waste time.
It's a hard balance to strike, but I think it's really important in
general, and it's something I'm trying to do.

I haven't been able to go to any shrines/temples yet---there's an old castle in our city, but
they're doing renovation on it, so we haven't gone yet . . .

-Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment